Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Dream of Wallpaper

It started when I saw the Woods design from Cole and Sons. The very nice girl at Rose and Radish who agreed to send me samples in every color told me that this particular design was "very popular." Hmmm, maybe I should look for something else, you know being the design trail blazer that I am...plus it's almost double the price of other just-as-fantastic designs.

After that I found myself tumbling into oblivion lusting after rolls and rolls of wallpaper without any regard to style or color. (this included designs with tigers and bats.)

I even started checking out wall decals which I originally thought kind of weird but started considering (especially for a cheaper and much more easily installed look.)
Branches and Hydrangea from Ferm Living.

I keep telling myself that we only need enough paper to adorn our very drab and uninspiring entryway so it shouldn't be too expensive - except for the fact that doing this might create a massive domino effect of little "updates" throughout the house. And I would probably have to try to put up the paper myself because G is not currently feeling the love of wallpaper application.

Curses.....Maybe I'll just paint.


Little Leaves, Fairy Flower, and Leaf from Ferm Living.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just bought the Cole and Son Woods wallpaper (I know, I know, it's everywhere, but it's so pretty!) from Fabrics and Papers in the UK. It cost $100 US including shipping to Texas per roll, and it's non woven/paste the wall, so if you get sick of it, you can just peel it off in one piece.

Graham and Brown also make a ton of non woven papers that are easy to hang and remove.

ps, love the blog :)

tinyparticlesoflight said...

I don't blame you a bit (plus I was kidding about the trail blazer part)...Thank you for the good advice!