Thursday, March 27, 2008

Peter and David


Last night G and I watched Suzie Templeton's stop-animation version of Peter and the Wolf and were quite enchanted. The puppets were so beautifully evocative it was impossible not to become emotionally attached. Especially to the duck who I instantly fell in love with and am still traumatized by what happened. (G is too.) In spite of that terrible tragedy however, I do recommend experiencing this little film.


And although I haven't listened to the 1978 David Bowie narration of the same story, I'm going to recommend it anyway. How in the world could it not be fantastic?

1 comment:

G. S. Enns said...

Thanks to PBS for choosing to show such great work! We just happened across it. From the moment we saw the enchanted Russian forest and Peter's gigantic sad eyes, we couldn't stop watching.