Thursday, March 13, 2008

Another one down...

Number 13 on my "General Plan for 2008" list states that I would like to write down each book I read this year. So I'm going to. You know, just to see how smart and well read I can feel. But mostly so I can actually remember each book I read instead of saying, "hmmm, that sounds so familiar...." This might also promote the idea of actually finishing a book instead of reading 2 and half at once for months.

I decided it might be nice to share this list with you. Last night I finished reading Plainsong by Kent Haruf and it was wonderfully sparse and beautiful and ultimately hopeful and I think you might like it too.

(Finished Murder on the Orient Express as well in January. If you like witty French investigators and murder on trains you should read this one too.)

1 comment:

G. S. Enns said...

I just started Plainsong based on your recommendation. Haruf's prose reminds me of Hemingway's - a good thing in this instance. It's started off so quietly and so lovely. I'm looking forward to the next chapter.