Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The bookshelf of my dreams


When we were fake moving this summer, we packed up what seemed like 982 books from all over the house. There are currently about 746 still sitting in boxes in the garage ready to be unpacked but alas we have nowhere to house them because we sold some bookshelves at our fake garage sale. So now besides coveting wallpaper, and a kitchen makeover (I feel your pain, Erin!)I covet bookshelves. And yes, I want a ladder too.
I would love to not have to resort to Ikea yet again (cuz we sorta have a lot of it already) so if anyone has fab bookshelf ideas for me that are non-Ikea and non-a trillion dollars, please do tell!
*image found via Desire to Inspire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel ya, girl! So much to do... so little time (and money).

Love those bookshelves, and it looks like you could do a Home Depot rail and shelf system. Painted all white on a white wall, the books would just float.

tinyparticlesoflight said...

I knew you wouldn't let me down. :)I will be looking into this great idea pronto! Thanks, Erin!

Anonymous said...

West Elm has some nice shelving units... but I think the quality is not much better than the Ikea variety. (Of which we sport no less than 4 Billy bookshelves.)