Thursday, April 16, 2009

Thank God I don't have cable


Okay, I just found out about the new Grey Gardens film directed by Michael Sucsy (who is that?) for HBO and I just have to say that I'm super pissed. I realize that alot of people have fallen in love with both Edie's after watching the Maysles super wonderful and touching documentary, Grey Gardens, and that musicals and plays have been written in their honor, but to have Jessica Lange and Drew Barrymore reenact actual scenes from said documentary is seriously disgusting and so unnecessary. Plus I really kind of hate Drew Barrymore so it makes this whole situation a lot worse. I understand that the HBO film fills in the storyline of both Edie's when they were younger and that's fine but to have them actually reenact them as they appeared so beautiful and crazy and sincere in the documentary is so not okay to me. It is in fact blasphemous and horrible and anyone who isn't familiar with the Big and Little Edie should watch the real Grey Gardens documentary where these women actually play themselves. Plus I'm pretty sure Little Edie actually says she wouldn't want anyone playing her in a movie that she should play herself, so there you have it.
Am I just hormonal and crazy?

5 comments:

d.Sharp said...

Grey Gardens is one of my favorite movies - I took a documentary film class my first year in college. {which I just calculated was 20 years ago. God, I am old!}

Hope you are taking care!!

Parisa said...

I love how you wrote "(WHO IS THAT?)" - like you are gonna track him down and beat him up once you find out where he lives!
Man, I would not want to mess with mama right now!
I share all of your sentiments.
xo p

tinyparticlesoflight said...

P - are you sure you don't want to come with me to find that dude? I'm bringing brass knuckles but all you have to do is man the getaway two seater bicycle.

erin@designcrisis said...

I never saw the original, and have yet to see the remake even though I have HBO.

I think it's the Drew Barrymore thing. Not my favorite actress.

karly / design crisis said...

ha ha, this post makes me giggle. You're the first person I've seen who isn't falling over themselves to watch it. I'm indifferent